Thursday, February 10, 2011

ART COMES TO VISIT-SINGAPORE!


One of my Christmas presents/surprises from Art this year was a trip to visit me in Asia! We decided to do a few days in Singapore (since Singapore is so westernized, it would be a nice transition point) and then off to Bali (it was a close call between Bali and Yogyakarta, but I'm glad we went to Bali).

SINGAPORE - February 2011
Unfortunately, Art got really sick with a fever/cold a few days before his 20+ hour flight to Singapore, and I don't think the long plane ride helped much. I made him drink lots of my Chinese herbal medicine and that combined with the warm weather cured him quickly :)

Also unfortunate, it rained the whole day for his first few days in Singapore, so we just walked around Little India and Chinatown for a little bit.

At one of the best hawker centers, Lau Pa Sat.

Raffles Hotel

Art looks photoshopped into this pic with the Sultan Mosque, but he was really there, I swear.

Beautiful fabrics along Arab Street

At the Buddha Tooth Temple in Chinatown!


CNY Celebrations at the Takashimaya Mall!

View of Singapore from the Pan Pacific
Pizza Hut Fortune Pizza anyone?

Art longs to be a Dim Sum Lady, promoting politeness and courtesy on all the MRT trains.

The Clinic Bar at Clark Quay...the waitresses dress up as nurses, you sit in a wheel chair, and drink out of an IV bag. Kind of messed up right?

A beautiful day at the Singapore Botanical Gardens! When I think of Botanical Garden, I think of Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh or other indoor gardens but because Singapore is so warm all year round, it's outside...and free!




No comments:

Post a Comment